Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard Product Information
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard Product Information (Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 as pictured above)
Make the move to superior comfort with this breakthrough natural ergonomic keyboard design.
Place your hands and arms naturally and comfortably with the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. The improved split design encourages a more natural hand, wrist and forearm position and its new curved key layout makes keys easier to reach.
The Zoom Slider lets you zoom in for close-ups of web pages, images and more – with just a touch of a finger.
There are also five customizable “My Favorites” keys which give you instant access to the folders, files and Web pages you use the most.
Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has been expertly crafted to allow you to work in a more natural position.
The new Gull Wing design features a 14-degree gable, a natural arc and a curved key bed – bringing the keys closer to your fingers to reduce reach and unnecessary motion, while encouraging a more natural typing position. It also comes equipped with an optional palm lift for a seven-degree reverse slope and a cushioned wrist rest that encourages better arm and wrist alignment.
Features of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard
Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard Design
Advanced ergonomic design with enhanced slope reduces wrist pronation.
12-degree spilt and Natural Arc
7-degree Reverse Slope
Removable palm lift creates a reverse slope for a more natural wrist posture.
Additional Features of Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
- Better Support – Cushioned Palm Rest – Get better support while resting your hands with this plush integrated palm rest.
- See It Your Way – Zoom Slider – Easily zoom in for close-ups of digital pictures, maps, and more.
- Instant Access – My Favorites Hot Keys – Customize Hot Keys to instantly open the programs, files, and Web pages you use the most. Simply push and hold to set-just like your car radio.
- Improved Number Pad – Common numeric functions such as =, (, ), and Backspace right where you need them most – above the number pad.
System Requirements for Keyboard 4000
- Windows Vista, Windows XP Pro/Pro x64 Edition/Home/Media Center Edition/Tablet PC Edition, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or later
- 60 MB free
- or Mac OS X v10.2x – 10.4x. Expose function will only work on Mac OS X v10.3 or later
- 30 MB free
- Powered USB port
- CD driveUsers of Mac OS X v10.2.x must install IntelliType Pro and IntelliPoint software before connecting the hardware.Users of Mac OS X v10.3.x must upgrade to Mac OS X v10.3.9 before connecting hardware OR install IntelliType Pro and IntelliPoint software before connecting the hardware.Wireless Keyboard Version There is a wireless version of this keyboard. See more information on our Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard Page.
Out of all the Microsoft ergonomic keyboards, the Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 is one of the most popular. They have many key design features and the one we like best is the natural downward sloping feature. We also like the price – very affordable. Why not try it and send in a review?Want to compare? See also Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard.