Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard – Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave (Specific Product Feature)
The ergonomic keyboard featured today (or on this page) is the Logitech keyboard ergonomic called the Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave.
This is an ergonomic wireless keyboard which uses a USB connection. This can also be a ‘ergonomic keyboard mac’ (used for mac). Apart from its ergonomic keyboard design and features, it has other additional customizable features. It boasts of the ability to add a wireless mouse, so you can go completely wireless!
Ergonomic Keyboard Highlights
Contoured, uniform-size keys cradle your fingers naturally while the curved keyboard promotes a more ergonomically correct hand position.
A cushioned palm rest encourages a relaxed position for typing.
Also built for comfort, with contoured sides and soft rubber grips, the high-performance laser mouse adds unmatched precision and control on virtually all surfaces.
One-touch controls give you direct access to many of the new features in Windows Vista, including Flip 3D, Zoom, Photo Gallery, and Gadgets. Programmable F-keys add instant access to applications, games, folders, and Web pages.
Ergonomic Features of the Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard
From the manufacturer:
- Wave key design: Contoured, wave-shaped key design conforms naturally to your fingers.
- Constant Curve design: A curved profile and uniform-size keys promote an ergonomically correct, more comfortable hand position. Start enjoying the benefits instantly, without having to re-learn typing on a different keyboard layout.
- Cushioned, contoured palm rest: The soft surface encourages a relaxed position for long typing sessions.
- Adjustable keyboard height: Use the three-way tilt legs to set the height to suit your personal style.
- Comfortable mouse design: Contoured sides and soft rubber grips add support and ease of use.
- Audio cable management: Keep headphone cords out of the way by routing them through the channel on the underside of the keyboard.
Winning Logitech Keyboard Special Features
The Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard has
Easy Access to Windows Vista
Large, one touch controls give you direct access to key Windows Vista including Flip 3D, Zoom, Photo Gallery and Gadgets. Also can be used on a Mac.
Instant Media Access
use the convenience one-touch controls for volume and media playback. A dedicated button starts Media Center or Front Row.
Get instant access to favorite applications, games, folders, and Web pages with customizable F-keys.
Longer battery life
Enjoy extended battery life – up to 15 months for the keyboard and 6 months for the mouse. Battery status lights on both the keyboard and mouse alert you when power is getting low.
(it is also an ergonomic wireless keyboard!)End cable clutter with fast, reliable Logitech® wireless technology.
High-performance Laser Mouse
Experience unmatched precision and control on surfaces where ordinary optical mice can’t go.
Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard’s System Requirements
PC – Windows Xp, Vista, USB port, CD-Rom Drive
Mac – Mac OSx (10.2.8 or later), internet connection for software download, USB port, CD-ROM drive
PROs of Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard
- Promotes good typing with contoured design of keys – suitable for all finger lengths
- Great customization of buttons to maximise efficiency and minimise effort and weariness.
- Added and secure wrist rest
- Additional special features if used with Windows Vista
- Laser mouse is symmetrically designed – can be also used for people who are left handed
CONs of Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard
- Shifting of some keys might annoy some, but delight others
- Might seem flat to those who need more substantial ergnomics
- Extra temptation to use the wrist rest while typing which does not make good typing ergonomics.
Compare this to the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard.
What To Buy, Where to Buy Logitech ergonomic keyboard
One of the best ergonomic keyboards is the Logitech Wave Keyboard.
You can buy either buy the Logitech Comfort Wave 450 – Keyboard – USB – ergonomic on its own and use your own ergonomic mouse.
Or, if you haven’t gotten an ergonomic mouse (click on link to learn how to buy one) or you could check out which is the best ergonomic mouse,
you can get the Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Set , which comes with a special laser mouse, which is supposed to be better than optimal mouses in general.
In the Logitech Cordless ergonomic keyboard Wave Set, it includes the following
- Logitech Wave Cordless Keyboard
- Logitech LX8 Cordless Laser Mouse
- USB mini-receiver
- USB extension cable
- Plastic keyboard dust cover
- 4 AA alkaline batteries
- CD with software, comfort guidelines and help center
- Quick start guide
- 5-year limited hardware warranty
- Full product support
Overall, I think the Logitech ergonomic keyboard provides a good value to the user. From an ergonomics standpoint, consider also the positioning of your keyboard and the very very very HIGHLY recommended use of ergonomic keyboard tray.
P.s. One of the best things about this keyboard that it is WIRELESS. It is also featured in our Ergonomic Wireless Keyboards page.